Friday, August 31, 2007

dull flame of desire













I love your eyes, my dear
Their splendid sparkling fire.
When suddenly you raise them so
To cast a swift embracing glance.
Like lightning flashing in the sky
But there's a charm that is greater still.
When my love's eyes are lowered
When all is fired by passion's kiss.
And through the downcast lashes
I see the dull flame of desire.

...poem by Fyodor Tyutchev

i first heard these words as sung in Bjork's lastest album Volta. (i have yet to learn how to post songs, so if anyone knows please fill me in). music and words serve as a powerful source of inspiration, and as i listened to the words, i thought of my wife and her captivating eyes...i remembered a photo i had taken of her while i was in college, and i found it fitting for the poem and song. love you Kate!

No comments: